Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Brand new Macbook Air spontaneous crashes

I just received the 13" MBA last week, and it's crashed nearly every day since then (one kernel panic with that black dialogue window telling me I need to reboot; all the other times it just spontaneously freezes out of nowhere and my cursor / keyboard doesn't jog a response). I called Apple this morning and the guy said he knew nothing about it, took me through some tests, and said hopefully it won't happen again. It just did. Anyone have any ideas? The only programs I was running when it crashed just now were Word, Chrome, and Adium.

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:13 PM

9 replies

Jun 25, 2012 9:39 AM in response to Vail67

I received my 2012 Macbok Air last Monday and since then it has crashed 4 times: 3 times with the black box and one just frozen. I'm not experienced enough to read crash logs and actually troublehsoot the issue but the only common thread for me is that Chrome was running each time. Starting yesterday I switched back to Safari and no problems so far (although my experience is hardly conclusive).

Brand new Macbook Air spontaneous crashes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.