Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone display shattered. How to access content in iTunes without 4-digit passcode?

A pickpocket took my iPhone when I tried to photograph him, and slammed it in the asphalt 😟 The screen and display is broken and the touch-function won't work. But someone is still in there! However, when I plug the phone to my computer(not a Mac) iTunes recognizes there is a unit there, but says I need to type in the 4-digit passcode on the iPhone to get access to it in iTunes. But the touch-screen is still broken, so I can't type in anything. Any solution? Can I type in the code or apple-password somewhere else? Hope somebody can help me! I really want my contacts and pictures :S

iPhone 4, iOS 5

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 4:13 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2012 8:29 PM in response to Torjus

If this is the computer the device normally syncs with, no passcode is needed.

If the device has been used as designed, contacts would be synced with a supported application on the computer or a cloud service and would not be lost simply by the device being lost/stolen, a hardware failure, or damage.

If the device had been used as designed, it would not be primary storage for pictures taken with the device, they would have been copied off regularly by the user to a computer. You might still be able to copy the pictures off as this does not require syncing or iTunes in any way.

Importing pictures from iOS device to computer

Have you failed to use the device as designed?

Sorry, but if you have failed to use the device as designed, the touch screen is damaged to the point of not being usable, your contacts and most, if not all of your data is gone.

Iphone display shattered. How to access content in iTunes without 4-digit passcode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.