Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie '09 error when moving to external drive

This is the error I get when trying to move iMovie events and projects to external drive:

The operation could not be completed. *** -[NSCFArray insertObject:atIndex:]: attempt to insert nil

This didn't happen last time I transferred files.

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 6:29 PM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2012 9:34 PM in response to jwinland

Hi

A. The External Hard Disk - MUST BE - Mac OS Extended (hfs) formatted to work for Video. UNIX/DOS/FAT32/Mac OS Exchange works for most other things but not for Video whatever program is used (iMovie or FinalCut)

B. Should be a FireWire one as USB/USB2 performs badly to me and especially when filling up

C. Do never Move or Alter any folder named

• iMovie Event's - or -

• iMovie Project's

on DeskTop/Finder - as this will result in iMovie losing connections to them and repair can be anything from hard to impossibly

D. Moving and Copying must be done within iMovie application and Events to Events - and - Project's to Project's.

E. Moving Project's to Event's - Do not work for me - I have to export project as a QuickTime movie then Import this into Events.

Yours Bengt W

iMovie '09 error when moving to external drive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.