Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to delete many old e mails in my Mail inbox. How do I delete a group of old e mails without having to delete each individual one?

I want to delete a large number of old emails in my Mac Mail inbox. I have 4425 in inbox and want to delete all but current ones. How do I highlight the mails, as a group, from the oldest to mail to most current that I want to delete?

Mac OS X (10.6.4), I pad

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2012 7:46 PM

Click once on the latest one you want to delete then go down to the earliest you want to delete and Shift+Click on it. That should select all of the e-mails inbetween the two. If it does that then hit Delete.

If there are any selected that you want to save the hold down the Command key and Click on the individual e-mails that you want to keep and they will Deselect.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2012 7:46 PM in response to Tom Hopkins

Click once on the latest one you want to delete then go down to the earliest you want to delete and Shift+Click on it. That should select all of the e-mails inbetween the two. If it does that then hit Delete.

If there are any selected that you want to save the hold down the Command key and Click on the individual e-mails that you want to keep and they will Deselect.

Dec 21, 2013 1:41 PM in response to jyw12345

While we all have MacBooks in this forum not all of us have iPads. This is the forum for the 13” white and black plastic MacBooks that were discontinued in 2010. There's a iPad Support Community where everybody has an iPad. You should also post this question there to increase your chances of getting an answer https://discussions.apple.com/community/ipad/using_ipad

I want to delete many old e mails in my Mail inbox. How do I delete a group of old e mails without having to delete each individual one?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.