2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 7:15 AM by LarryHN
Phil McFarlane Level 2 Level 2 (440 points)

Hi gang,

When I upload photos to Facebook from iPhoto 11, the photo album that is created is flagged as "Me Only" rather than for friends as specified in the iPhoto uploader.  Also, my preferences are set to include location info, but the uploaded photos in Facebook do not include the location info.

Any ideas?

Cheers!

• Phil McFarlane Level 2 Level 2 (440 points)

OK, figured one part out.  When I checked my settings in Facebook, I noticed that the iPhoto app was set so that pics that were uploaded were visible only to myself.  This was over-riding the setting within iPhoto.  When I changed that within Facebook to allow iPhoto to post to Friends, that problem was solved.

I still can't get iPhoto to add location information in Facebook.  It seems that Facebook strips the GPS tag, as this happens when I manually upload photos from within the Facebook webpage.  Is there a way to change that?

Cheers!

• LarryHN Level 9 Level 9 (61,355 points)

It seems that Facebook strips the GPS tag, as this happens when I manually upload photos from within the Facebook webpage.  Is there a way to change that?

Contact facebook? As far as I know it is Facebook doing that not iPhoto - your test using a direct upload seems to verify this.

LN