3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 11:13 AM by wiclee
flashkube2 Level 1 (0 points)

Even though I am allowing iTunes through my windows 7 firewall,  I still cannot connect to the iTunes store.  When I run the iTunes diagnostics it tells me that the firewall is blocking iTunes but that is not true.  I am running the latest version of iTunes.

I have gone through every step of the instructions here dealing with this problem but nothing is working.  Does anybody know how to get iTunes to work with Windows 7?  I am using Microsoft Security Essentials as my antivirus program in case that helps.

David

Itunes, Windows 7, Firewall
  • wiclee Level 5 (6,955 points)

Close your iTunes,

Go to command Prompt -

(Win 7/Vista) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES, right mouse click "Command Prompt", choose "Run as Administrator".

(Win XP SP2 n above) - START/ALL PROGRAMS/ACCESSORIES/Command Prompt

In the "Command Prompt" screen, type in

netsh winsock reset

Hit "ENTER" key

Restart your computer.

If you do get a prompt after restart windows to remap LSP, just click NO.

Now launch your iTunes and see if it is working now.

If you are still having these type of problems after trying the winsock reset, refer to this article to identify which software in your system is inserting LSP:

Apple software on Windows: May see performance issues and blank iTunes Store

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS4123?viewlocale=en_US

• flashkube2 Level 1 (0 points)

Thank you so much. That helped. I've been trying for days to fix this. 

I tried googling the command you sent me to understand better. But I still don't know what it really does. Can you explain it in a nutshell?  If not, I'm glad it worked.  :)

David

• wiclee Level 5 (6,955 points)

The command is to reset Windows Winsock(for Internet connection) to it's default state from possible file corruption.  Glad it worked for you. :-)