Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

aapltp.sys

I'm using Windows 7 32bit SP1 on an early 2008 White Macbook.

Almost every time I close my MacBook and reawaken it, I get a BSOD, with aapltp.sys being the perpetrator, reporting a memory issue.

Is there any way to fix this, like a driver upgrade or something? From what I know, I have the latest drivers. Apple software update doesn't show anything new.

Thanks beforehand.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7)

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 10:34 AM

6 replies

Jun 23, 2012 10:46 AM in response to iSamV2

boot Windows 7 DVD and use the memtest from there

Windows has found errors that don't show up using Lion but might / will with memtest from OS X or use Rember. But Windows DVD can also do system repair. You do have a backup image right? done chkdsk. have enough free space and system is creating restore points.

WinClone (OS X, $20) can make backup image.

You may have AppleHFS.sys and AppleMNT.sys causing trouble mounting HFS read-only volumes.

Download drivers again if you have not since 10.7.0/10.7.2 they could be newer and unfortunate that is how to 'update.'

Graphic and audio drivers are also your own responsibility when it comes to updating.

Jun 23, 2012 2:03 PM in response to The hatter

Actually, I'm running a relatively fresh install (By "relatively" I mean I made a fresh install, then installed basic stuff as MS Office and whatnot, plus I let Windows update itself.). I have had issues previously with my graphics card, hence my fresh intallation.

Plus, I read the logs and only found the aapltp errors.

I think I'll run memtest, plus I will roll back to the driver in my snow leopard disc to see if it helps, then report back here.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Jul 17, 2012 5:10 PM in response to The hatter

I finally found some time for my computer.

OK, here's what I did:

-Wiped my Mac clean.

-New OSX and Win7 installation. (OSX Lion. Good ol' Apple and their planned obsolescence agenda)

-Boot up Windows 7, fresh.

-Install newest Lion Boot Camp drivers.

-Close my MacBook's lid

-Open my MacBook's lid

-BOOM. aapltp.sys memory leak BSOD.

<rant>

From my experience and from what I've researched, it all comes down to a CRAPPY driver.

Something that won't be fixed, judging from posts on the same issue, on this same site, since 2010.

</rant>

Mar 16, 2013 9:34 AM in response to iSamV2

Hi everybody,

I recently had the same issue, and now that Boot Camp 4 is out, it is very difficult to locate drivers from before Boot Camp 3. I managed to find Apple trackpad drivers from Boot Camp 2.1, and using these drivers instead of the latest ones have so far solved the aapltp.sys bsod problem.

You'll need to uninstall the old trackpad drivers in device manager under Human Interface Devices. However, upon doing so, you will temporarily lose the use of your trackpad entirely. Use the keyboard to alt+tab and navigate to the trackpad install file (one for 32 bit Windows and one for 64 bit Windows). Using a combination of tabbing, arrow keys, and enter - I installed the old trackpad drivers, rebooted, and no more blue screen!

The only drawbacks I've discovered are that you lose the ability to tap to click, and the pointer and scrolling sensitivity are slightly different (but you can adjust these in the control panel under Mouse).

Here is a link to the old trackpad drivers: https://anonfiles.com/file/82cf29ce5...20adb515b8d08d

Hope that helps somebody!

aapltp.sys

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.