5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 23, 2012 5:03 PM by Marco_Polo
Marco_Polo Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

I am trying to export a 55 min. sequence in Pro Res 422 to a QT self contained file in the same format and I keep

getting the "error-out of memory" pop up.

I tried to render out the sequence first, but I get the same message.

This is strange as I have done this operation before without problems on a different project.

Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.

thanks

MP

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • David Mclaine Level 4 Level 4 (1,855 points)

Any stills in your project?, if so check they are RGB and not CYMK.

DM

• Meg The Dog Level 6 Level 6 (10,470 points)

55 minutes of ProRes is a large file, are you sure there is enough empty space on your destination disk?

MtD

• Marco_Polo Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thanks for the responses. I do have a good number of stills, but they are in RGB. And 55 min. of ProRes IS a large file, but it all is going into an empty 1TB external drive, so there is plenty of space there.

Now, this is a 55 min. doc that is subtitled. So, I'm thinking that the subtitling may make it render heavy.

I suspect that the problem is in the amount of rendering because I get the same message when I try to render the sequence before exporting it out onto a QT file.

So, this is where I go dark because I'm not really a computer techie. How is the rendering achieved? I thought that the system used HD space when it ran out of RAM.

My sequence is made up of 3 different segments from 3 different original sequence files. Would it help if I bring in all 3 sequences as nested files?

mp

• Shane Ross Level 8 Level 8 (42,385 points)

NO! DO NOT NEST!

Now...are any of these stills over 4000 pixels?  If so...FCP will get that error.  Not 100% of the time, but most.  Gotta stay under 4000 pixels.  FCP doesn't do more than 4K. 

Render before you export.  And render in small chunks, so you can narrow down where the trouble spot is.  5 min sections at a time.  I had to do this for an online last week.  A lot of stills over 4000 pixels, and film grain effects on clips causing issues.

• Marco_Polo Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

Thanks Shane. I do have some stills that are over 4000. Will have to fix this. That must be the culprit.

You are the man!

mp