Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Exporting large file in QT

I am trying to export a 55 min. sequence in Pro Res 422 to a QT self contained file in the same format and I keep

getting the "error-out of memory" pop up.

I tried to render out the sequence first, but I get the same message.

This is strange as I have done this operation before without problems on a different project.

Not sure what to try next. Any suggestions would be appreciated as always.

thanks

MP

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 1:59 PM

5 replies

Jun 23, 2012 4:40 PM in response to Meg The Dog

Thanks for the responses. I do have a good number of stills, but they are in RGB. And 55 min. of ProRes IS a large file, but it all is going into an empty 1TB external drive, so there is plenty of space there.

Now, this is a 55 min. doc that is subtitled. So, I'm thinking that the subtitling may make it render heavy.

I suspect that the problem is in the amount of rendering because I get the same message when I try to render the sequence before exporting it out onto a QT file.

So, this is where I go dark because I'm not really a computer techie. How is the rendering achieved? I thought that the system used HD space when it ran out of RAM.

My sequence is made up of 3 different segments from 3 different original sequence files. Would it help if I bring in all 3 sequences as nested files?

mp

Jun 23, 2012 4:42 PM in response to Marco_Polo

NO! DO NOT NEST!

Now...are any of these stills over 4000 pixels? If so...FCP will get that error. Not 100% of the time, but most. Gotta stay under 4000 pixels. FCP doesn't do more than 4K.

Render before you export. And render in small chunks, so you can narrow down where the trouble spot is. 5 min sections at a time. I had to do this for an online last week. A lot of stills over 4000 pixels, and film grain effects on clips causing issues.

Exporting large file in QT

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.