Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i undo "forget this device" for a bluetooth connection from my iPhone 4 to a Panasonic sound system?

How do i undo "forget this device" for a bluetooth connection from my iPhone 4 to a Panasonic sound system?

It worked fine until I pressed "Forget This Device" and now I can't get it back. I have done all the obvious things to get it back.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:33 PM

There's no way to "undo" this without restoring to a backup made while this pairing was still on your phone. (Paired bluetooth devices are included in the iPhone backup.) Restore to a backup will revert all data and settings to those contained in the backup, not just the pairing settings. If you wish to do this, save any data since your last sync/backup, then do the following:

1. Without connecting your phone to your computer, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".
  2. Connect your phone to your computer and right-click on its name when it appears in iTunes on the left sidebar, select Restore from Backup, choose your most recent backup to restore from.
  3. When done, go back to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and re-enable automatic syncing.
4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 23, 2012 8:33 PM in response to innerbrisbane

There's no way to "undo" this without restoring to a backup made while this pairing was still on your phone. (Paired bluetooth devices are included in the iPhone backup.) Restore to a backup will revert all data and settings to those contained in the backup, not just the pairing settings. If you wish to do this, save any data since your last sync/backup, then do the following:

1. Without connecting your phone to your computer, open iTunes on your computer and go to Preferences, on the Devices tab check "Prevent...from syncing automatically".
  2. Connect your phone to your computer and right-click on its name when it appears in iTunes on the left sidebar, select Restore from Backup, choose your most recent backup to restore from.
  3. When done, go back to iTunes>Preferences>Devices and re-enable automatic syncing.

Jun 23, 2012 10:00 PM in response to innerbrisbane

Ok. Just a thought, but does your Panasonic sound system also have an unpairing setting? If so, you may need to unpair the iPhone on your sound system too (i.e., forget the iphone) before it will allow it to re-pair. Also, not sure if this applys to bluetooth or not but you might try Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network Settings on your phone. (Note: this will remove passwords for previously joined wi-fi networks so you will need to re-enter these again if you choose to try this.)

how do i undo "forget this device" for a bluetooth connection from my iPhone 4 to a Panasonic sound system?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.