Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

accessing boot camp from Lion

can someone remind me what i have to do to access my boot camp installs from Lion or Snow Leopard? i think i have MacDrive installed which gets me read and write to Mac OS from boot camp but for some reason i am not remembering what to do here for windows read and write.

i have notes here on this i have to dig up but it would be great to get a bit of help on this.

thanks.

Mac Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.8), 10.6.8 with 64 bit Win7 in Parallel

Posted on Jun 23, 2012 8:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 12:31 PM

So, you are asking how to get read/write access to NTFS partitions from MacOS (not just how to access your Boot Camp "installations" from MacOS)?

You need to install an NTFS file system driver. I personally use the Paragon NTFS driver for MacOS, and it works great. In the past I have used a free one, and it worked OK, but it was slower at some things. I even recall reading posts somewhere on changes to your FSTAB to get Leopard (and possibly Snow Leopard) to give you read/write access, but I haven't had a need for those to see if they work or not.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2012 12:31 PM in response to hotwheels22

So, you are asking how to get read/write access to NTFS partitions from MacOS (not just how to access your Boot Camp "installations" from MacOS)?

You need to install an NTFS file system driver. I personally use the Paragon NTFS driver for MacOS, and it works great. In the past I have used a free one, and it worked OK, but it was slower at some things. I even recall reading posts somewhere on changes to your FSTAB to get Leopard (and possibly Snow Leopard) to give you read/write access, but I haven't had a need for those to see if they work or not.

accessing boot camp from Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.