Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trackpad Compatibility

Hi, my dad had a 2006 15" MacBook Pro and he gave it to me when he got his new MacBook Air. My question is; is the new trackpad (the one were the trackpad is the button) compatible with the 2006 MacBook Pro (that modle has a button at the bottom of the trackpad)? i want to know because mine is on its way out and i would like to know to get a new one, many thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 1:53 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 2:05 AM

If you're asking if the 'new' trackpads, the answer is no, they're not compatible. A trackpad installation is one of the most technically difficult processes to go through. You might be better served to visit your Apple Store and see if the external Apple Magic Trackpad instead of paying the price to have your trackpad replaced. See the one on Amazon here and be sure and read the user reviews.

Good luck.

Clinton

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2012 2:05 AM in response to Brendidilyendus

If you're asking if the 'new' trackpads, the answer is no, they're not compatible. A trackpad installation is one of the most technically difficult processes to go through. You might be better served to visit your Apple Store and see if the external Apple Magic Trackpad instead of paying the price to have your trackpad replaced. See the one on Amazon here and be sure and read the user reviews.

Good luck.

Clinton

Trackpad Compatibility

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.