Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture incorrectly lists Canon EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM lens

I recently noticed that Aperture is incorrectly listing my Canon EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM lens. It displays it as "Canon EF 400mm f/2.8L + 2x" so it's incorrectly showing a 2x converter which I never ever use.

I tried opening the same file directly from my CF card in Photoshop CS5 and there I was able to see that the RAW image actually has the correct listing for the lens (with the 2x converter).

I then did some examining in my Aperture library and was able to determine that this problem began occuring somewhere between August 14th 2011 (lens labelled correctly) and September 23rd 2011 (lens labelled incorrectly). I suspect there was a software update to Aperture around that time. Further examination shows that on August 14th 2011 and previously Aperture would list the lenses without the manufacturer. While from September 23rd 2011 and on Aperture began listing the lenses with the manufacturer listed.

From what I gather it's the only lens that Aperture is listing incorrectly. It's not a big deal, but it really should be a complicated fix for the Aperture team either.

Aperture 3, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 2:53 AM

1 reply

Jun 24, 2012 3:13 AM in response to Ottaviano

From what I gather it's the only lens that Aperture is listing incorrectly. It's not a big deal, but it really should be a complicated fix for the Aperture team either.

There are quite a few lenses listed incorrectly - mine do not show at all - "unknown lens".

But send feedback to Apple, otherwise they will not know about the problem: Aperture main menu bar:

Aperture > Provide Aperture Feedback

Regards

Léonie

Aperture incorrectly lists Canon EF400mm f/2.8L IS USM lens

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.