Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Copyright Violation through Youtube.com

I got an Email saying I was in copyright violation by Avex Entertainment and rumblefish. I am using the Associated Production Music provided by Soundtrack Pro the Music is called "Contemplation" When you read the legal documentation on the Apple website it is saying it is Royalty Free Music. I am about to Air this talk show video on a Public Access channel and need to make sure thi is legal for me to do so. Does anyone know why I got the Email saying these other 2 companies own the rights to this Music?

clark

Mac Pro 8 Core, Mac OS X (10.5.5), 8 Core, 6GIG, 6 TB Internal

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 3:29 AM

8 replies

Jun 24, 2012 6:28 AM in response to Clark77042

I've gotten this bogus sort of e-mail before. Companies use some strange bot that crawls all over video clips and reads the embedded code in the audio and sends you a scary letter. The bot has no way of knowing if the music is licensed, just that it belongs to SOMEBODY. So they figure you are fair game. What they're after is slathering your video with advertising for which you do not share in the ad revenue.

Contact APM directly and state your case. They are wonderful folks and are there to help. If you're on the east coast, e-mail me privately and I'll give you the name of my APM rep.

Mar 13, 2016 11:24 AM in response to Clark77042

This is something YouTube routinely does and they have a process that allows you to dispute the claim on their website. Simply got to your YouTube 'Creator's Page, then click 'Video Manager.' There you should see a list of videos you've uploaded - any that have copyright infringement claims will have a button indicating so to the right of the video's thumbnail. Click that button and you'll see the section about disputing the claim. Once you've completed and submitted the dispute, YouTube will remove the claim if no one questions your dispute within 30 days.

I usually state that I am licensed by the copyright administrator and list the name of the cut and the publisher.

-DH

Copyright Violation through Youtube.com

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.