Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Aperture 3.3 upgra, Third Party 32 bit program

After I have upgrade my Sperture to 3.3, all of my 32 bil third party program will not open.

Any had the same proble?

And how to solve?

iMac, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 6:02 AM

12 replies

Jun 24, 2012 7:24 AM in response to léonie

Leon.

I appreciate your support. Just one more think.After upgrading to 3.3 I could still use the Plug Inns. A window would open and inform me that Aperture needed to restart in 32 bit mode.

I signed of that it did not need to show me the window again hoping that it would reastart in 32 bit mode automaticly. So I have been using 32 bit adjustments at 3.3, but the window does not show up after I signed it not to?😕

Jun 24, 2012 9:36 AM in response to Beand60

I signed of that it did not need to show me the window again hoping that it would reastart in 32 bit mode automaticly. So I have been using 32 bit adjustments at 3.3, but the window does not show up after I signed it not to?😕

this kind of information usually is stored in the preferences file - just a hunch, but you might try to delete the preferences.

1. Quit Aperture if it is running. Log off and on again.
  2. Open your user library (from the Finder's "Go" menu). Hold down the "options" key, while you click "go", until the "Library" appears in the drop-down menu., select the Library.
  3. In the Library folder go to the "Preferences" folder and remove the file "com.apple.aperture.plist" to the Desktop.
  4. Start Aperture again. Does it now show the panel again, when you try to use the plug-ins?

Jun 24, 2012 10:43 PM in response to Beand60

Are you really looking at your User library and not at the System Library? Your screenshot looks exactly like my System Library - not like the User Library Preferences. 😕 If Aperture ever has been running it must have created a "com.apple.Aperture.plist" in the User Preferences folder, otherwise your System would be badly corrupted.

The User Library is hidden in Mac OS X Lion, that is why I suggested to open it from the Finder's "Go" menu.

Jun 29, 2012 2:50 AM in response to Beand60

😀 What a great picture!

So far it did not solve the problem by restarting in 32 bit mode

I am at a loss here. I have never seen Aperture 3.3 lauch into 32 bit mode, only earlier versions like Aperture 3.2.4. I am really afraid you will jave to upgrade your plug-ins. The message is clear - Aperture will not launch an incompatible plug-in.

I kept a copy of Aperture 3.2.4 just in case. So if I ever need it, I can run the older version on a new, empty library to do some edits with incompatible plug-ins.

Regards

Léonie

Aperture 3.3 upgra, Third Party 32 bit program

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.