Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Reinstall Apple software after clean install of Lion on 2009 IMac

Completed a clean install of Lion on 2009 IMac, which initially reacted poorly to an upgrade (my first attempt to move to Lion). How do I reinstall iPhoto, Garageband, Aperture, Final Cut Express, iMovie, Logic Express? These were all preinstalled with original purchase. How would I find the serial numbers that will inevitably be asked for? The App store wants to charge for these items, and other non-Apple software I've purchased for the App store won't download again. Multiple issues! Any suggestions?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), System upgraded from 10.5

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 9:29 AM

You'll need to use the DVD's that should have accompanied your system when you bought it.

Prior to the App Store when you purchased a system from Apple that included installed software such as iLile or Final Cut the DVD's were always included in the box. The serial numbers will be on the DVD boxes or DVD's themselves.

regards

Concerning the App Store purchases if you long into the APp Store using the same Apple ID you used when you bought the software you should be able to download again without charge. At least this is how it works for Apple software don;t know if 3rd party stuff has different rules

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2012 9:29 AM in response to splendlor

You'll need to use the DVD's that should have accompanied your system when you bought it.

Prior to the App Store when you purchased a system from Apple that included installed software such as iLile or Final Cut the DVD's were always included in the box. The serial numbers will be on the DVD boxes or DVD's themselves.

regards

Concerning the App Store purchases if you long into the APp Store using the same Apple ID you used when you bought the software you should be able to download again without charge. At least this is how it works for Apple software don;t know if 3rd party stuff has different rules

Reinstall Apple software after clean install of Lion on 2009 IMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.