Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Were are iDVD projects stored?

I have a file on the side bar for movies. Are iDVD projects not supposed to be in there. Where are they supposed to be and why. I have 4 iDVD project in progress all for the year 2011. I am trying to fit an hour of slides & movie clips on each. Quiting one and selecting another in the iDVD menu that pops us results in a freeze and I have to force quit. I repair permissions constantly almost daily so that isn't the problem. I'm wondering if these files are in the wrong folder. Please HELP I can't get anything done for the freezing and I am just about ready to give up.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 12:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 7:12 PM

iDVD projects are stored wherever you set them to be. I beleive the default location is in the Documents folder. You can do a search for ".dvdproj" to find all DVD project files.

Try this basic troubleshooting fix :

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

Since you're running Lion read the following:

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 25, 2012 7:12 PM in response to MamaTea

iDVD projects are stored wherever you set them to be. I beleive the default location is in the Documents folder. You can do a search for ".dvdproj" to find all DVD project files.

Try this basic troubleshooting fix :

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home(User uploaded file)/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder.

User uploaded file

Click to view full size

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

Since you're running Lion read the following:

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

Jun 26, 2012 6:55 PM in response to Old Toad

Thanks, I will have to see if it helps over time but I am sure it will.

I decided to do my slideshow in iPhoto, for now, and my frustration level has improved greatly. I'm not sure why I was trying to work directly in iDVD even though it is set up so that you can. Just doing it in iPhoto and exporting it to iDVD seems a much better way to do things.

Thank YOu, Tina

Were are iDVD projects stored?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.