3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 7:35 PM by Old Toad
MamaTea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

I have a file on the side bar for movies. Are iDVD projects not supposed to be in there.  Where are they supposed to be and why.  I have 4 iDVD project in progress all for the  year 2011. I am trying to fit an hour of slides & movie clips on each.  Quiting one and selecting another in the iDVD menu that pops us results in a freeze and I have to force quit.  I repair permissions constantly almost daily so that isn't the problem.  I'm wondering if these files are in the wrong folder.  Please HELP I can't get anything done for the freezing and I am just about ready to give up.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (128,880 points)

iDVD projects are stored wherever you set them to be.  I beleive the default location is in the Documents folder.  You can do a search for ".dvdproj" to find all DVD project files.

Try this basic troubleshooting fix :

1 - delete the IDVD preference file, com.apple.iDVD.plist, that resides in your

User/Home()/Library/ Preferences folder.

2 - delete IDVD'S cache file, Cache.db, that is located in your

User/Home()/Library/Caches/com.apple.iDVD folder. 

Click to view full size

3 - launch IDVD and try again.

Since you're running Lion read the following:

In Lion the Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and hit the Enter button - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder.

OT

• MamaTea Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks,  I will have to see if it helps over time but I am sure it will. 

I decided to do my slideshow in iPhoto, for now, and my frustration level has improved greatly. I'm not sure why I was trying to work directly in iDVD even though it is set up so that you can.  Just doing it in iPhoto and exporting it to iDVD seems a much better way to do things.

Thank YOu,  Tina

• Old Toad Level 10 Level 10 (128,880 points)

Use the Share ➙ iDVD menu option.