Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Email disappears from inbox

Every once in awhile a new email shows up in my inbox and disappears about 2 seconds later... Any ideas?

I am using Lion, Google Apps Gmail and IMAP....

Please help

2 mbp's, mac mini, ipods, iphone 30, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 2:33 PM

1 reply

Dec 9, 2013 8:11 PM in response to stylr

Stylr,

We have multiple computers,iphones,and an ipad. My wife started getting just a few seconds of an email, and then...POOF! Nowhere. I started turning off various machines and devices to troubleshoot. In our case it was one of the kids macs. She had her icloud email account setup in mail on their login ( as well as many other places). We had parental controls on, limiting the kids incoming emails to known individuals. This also bounced my wifes mails, which then propagated on all of her devices. This still bounced her mails when I deactivated that email account on the kids computer login. It stopped as soon as I deleted her email account on the kids login. I was able to recreate it by then re-adding her email account to the kids login on the imac.

Email disappears from inbox

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.