Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot add new page to old site

Since getting Lion, moving to iCloud and setting up hosting with GoDaddy (published to FTP and all that) I can edit iWeb pages but cannot add a new page to an existing site. Any thoughts?!

Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 5:40 PM

7 replies

Jun 24, 2012 9:37 PM in response to Roddy

Hey, Roddy -

From the article:

"Publish your website to a folder on the desktop and double click the index.html file to launch your website in the browser directly from your hard disk.

If the site works OK, then you have a publishing problem.

If the site is screwed up in anyway you then have to trouble shoot the application itself."

The site worked fine when I double clicked the index.html file as described above. So a publishing problem means I need to contact GoDaddy.com? (I did do the Disk Permissions and Repair process and re-start that was also suggested.)

Thanks.

Jun 25, 2012 8:58 AM in response to Roddy

The page is up and running! I think what happened is that I am used to the instant publishing through Apple when I edited in the past. Perhaps the process takes much longer now that I am hosted on GoDaddy? I am going to call them to confirm.

Thanks for your help! I will update you if I learn anything new.

Cannot add new page to old site

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.