7 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 12:57 PM by KF1
KF1 Level 1 Level 1

Since getting Lion, moving to iCloud and setting up hosting with GoDaddy (published to FTP and all that) I can edit iWeb pages but cannot add a new page to an existing site. Any thoughts?!

Thanks.

Macbook Pro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)
Reply by Roddy on Jun 24, 2012 10:05 PM Helpful
Maybe its a corrupt Domain file. Try creating a new site and drag each page from the top one down to it in turn.  After dragging each one down, try creating a new page in the top site until you find the corrupt one whose absence from the top site allows you to create a new page.

All replies

• Roddy Level 6 Level 6

Try the troubleshooting steps under "Fix iWeb" here...

http://www.iwebformusicians.com/iWeb/iWeb-Tips.html

• KF1 Level 1 Level 1

Hey, Roddy -

From the article:

"Publish your website to a folder on the desktop and double click the index.html file to launch your website in the browser directly from your hard disk.

If the site works OK, then you have a publishing problem.

If the site is screwed up in anyway you then have to trouble shoot the application itself."

The site worked fine when I double clicked the index.html file as described above. So a publishing problem means I need to contact GoDaddy.com? (I did do the Disk Permissions and Repair process and re-start that was also suggested.)

Thanks.

• Roddy Level 6 Level 6

Can you now add a new page to a site?

• KF1 Level 1 Level 1

No, I cannot. And it is difficult to edit text on the pages I can access.

• Roddy Level 6 Level 6

Maybe its a corrupt Domain file.

Try creating a new site and drag each page from the top one down to it in turn.

After dragging each one down, try creating a new page in the top site until you find the corrupt one whose absence from the top site allows you to create a new page.

• KF1 Level 1 Level 1

The page is up and running! I think what happened is that I am used to the instant publishing through Apple when I edited in the past. Perhaps the process takes much longer now that I am hosted on GoDaddy? I am going to call them to confirm.

Thanks for your help! I will update you if I learn anything new.

• KF1 Level 1 Level 1

Dear Roddy -

GoDaddy confirmed that it can take up to 48 hours for all edits to appear on the website though at this point it is much, much faster than that.

I do believe that the pages were also corrupted and so fixed that as per your suggestion.

Many thanks!!!!