Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Final Cut Pro transforms video creation with Live Multicam on iPad and new AI features on Mac. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX: Render Files

I am assuming I should delete render files to free up space and to help FCPX load more quickly. It's taking about 3 minutes at the moment.

When I delete render files, should I select delete all or delete unused render files only?

Final Cut Pro X

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 5:24 PM

5 replies

Jun 24, 2012 10:48 PM in response to serenity99

You can safely delete render files - and you don't have to render a project before export or sharing.

If you turn off background rendering in Preferences, the render files will not automatically build up again, but of course, you need to render effects etc manually for good playback (select the clips and press Cmd+R).

As KSM suggested, moving unused Projects and Events to a new (temporary) folder will also dramatically improve launch time as well as working performance. I use Finder for this too.

Andy

FCPX: Render Files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.