Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to save emailed video to iPhone camera roll? When I press and hold down on the video I get 3 options: Quick Look, Open in "Polkast", Open In. None of these options will save the video to my camera roll. Thanks.

How can I save a video attachment to my camera roll in iPhone 4? (Have not downloaded newest update 5.1.1 yet.) When I press and hold down on the video I get 3 options: Quick Look, Open in "Polkast", and Open In. None of these options allow me to save the video to my camera roll. Thanks for any advice.

iPhone 4

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 5:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 5:37 PM

If you are getting an "Open In" prompt, this means the video is not in an iPhone compatible format. If the video is in an iPhone compatible format, you should have the Save Video selection. There are some 3rd party apps that allow for viewing video received with an email that are not in an iPhone compatible format but this doesn't mean you can save the video to the Camera Roll.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 24, 2012 5:37 PM in response to KDSJC

If you are getting an "Open In" prompt, this means the video is not in an iPhone compatible format. If the video is in an iPhone compatible format, you should have the Save Video selection. There are some 3rd party apps that allow for viewing video received with an email that are not in an iPhone compatible format but this doesn't mean you can save the video to the Camera Roll.

http://www.apple.com/iphone/specs.html

Video formats supported: H.264 video up to 1080p, 30 frames per second, High Profile level 4.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format.

How to save emailed video to iPhone camera roll? When I press and hold down on the video I get 3 options: Quick Look, Open in "Polkast", Open In. None of these options will save the video to my camera roll. Thanks.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.