Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My G5 iMac will not turn on... Please help...

Three of the four LED lights inside the unit light up when the power button is press. When the power button is pressed I hear the chime and the front LED light turns on and the screen does a scroll and the front LED light turns off and a minute or two later the fans turn off... I am really confused and really could use all the help I can get! Thank you in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 7:10 PM

4 replies

Jun 26, 2012 3:27 AM in response to AllemD15

By saying that fans turn off you mean that the whole computer shuts down or just fans? First generation iMac G5's were known for their capacitors going bad and there was also numerous power supply failures. What you said sounds like you might have one or both of those problems. Later models can of course also be affected but with them the more common issue is graphics chip's solder going bad and it can also cause symptoms you describe.

My G5 iMac will not turn on... Please help...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.