Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My ipod cuts off when playing certain songs.

My ipod cuts off when it starts to play certain songs. I can play these songs on my ipad without a problem. The ipod I have is a 30GB model from 2005. Could the hard drive be scratched? Could the song files be corrupted? It only happens on certain album songs. Does Apple have a trade in option for old models towards new models. Any help would be appreciated.

iPod classic, Windows XP Pro

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 7:02 PM

3 replies

Jun 24, 2012 9:00 PM in response to Stultis

It's hard to say what cause of error is in particular, without a bit of troubleshooting. Where were these problem tracks downloaded from?

Have you tried all of the troubleshooting here?

Troubleshooting songs that skip on iP

Again, I"m not really all of this troubleshooting is worth it since as you stated the problem is only apparent on the older iPod Video, which would point to an issue with that device. You could try and do a disk diagnostic on it to see if there is anything in particular that stands out there. See this post from another forum member turingtest2 describing how to perform this test and what the numbers mean.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3784647?start=0&tstart=0

Apple doesn't have a trade in policy, but they do have a recyling program where you can bring your old iPod into be recycled for a 10% discoun towards the purchase of a new one.

B-rock

My ipod cuts off when playing certain songs.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.