Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Does Final Cut Express Accept Raw M2TS Files That Are Not From Cameras?

I have several raw M2TS video files that I obtained using HD PVR and I would like to edit them on Final Cut Express. I understand that you can import M2TS files directly from camcorders and that FCE will convert them directly from there. But what if the M2TS files come from other source? Can Final Cut Express still import these files that are not from camcorders or do I have to convert them first using third party software?

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4), iPhone, iPod Touch, iPod Classic

Posted on Jun 24, 2012 8:16 PM

5 replies

Feb 28, 2013 11:03 PM in response to krisfrosz133

I’m sorry to tell you that you have to insatll a MTS/M2TS Converter to change your M2TS format to FCE's native format AIC .mov before importing.

http://www.brorsoft.com/mts-converter-mac/index.html

Final Cut Express is an old video editing software. It was discontinued for two years. If you have moved AVCHD, MTS, M2TS, ect videos from camera's card to a drive, you won't directly get them to FCE, including FCE 4, for editing. It menas FCE can't support raw M2TS files that are not from camera.

Does Final Cut Express Accept Raw M2TS Files That Are Not From Cameras?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.