Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Change registered phone number on imessage.

How do u change the registered phone number on iMessage on iPhone? It still shows old number even after a reset and the number is grayed out. I have waited for the change to happen (imessage off), but it still didn't change. I pulled the sim out and waited, but still no change. I am using an iphone 4s and OS 5.1.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:07 AM

20 replies

Jun 28, 2012 1:26 AM in response to miche11e

I had the same problem with my sister's iPhone and what I did was I put the old Sim card with the old number in the phone, turned off iMessage with the old Sim card in the phone. Then turned the phone off with the power button. Put the new Sim card with the new phone number back in the iPhone, turned it on, went to Settings and turned iMesaage back on and immediately the new number got registered and grayed out and it worked properly. I actually saw it change automatically although it happened practically immediately after turning iMessage back on.

I did not have to erase settings and I did not have to reset the phone.

Change registered phone number on imessage.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.