Skip navigation

Frequent message in my logs

783 Views 2 Replies Latest reply: Jun 11, 2013 4:37 AM by Art RSS
John Caradimas Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 25, 2012 12:28 AM

I am getting this message in my logs:

Jun 25 10:21:26 imac mDNSResponder[531]: queryrecord_result_callback: mDNS_Lock: Locking failure! mDNS_busy (1) != mDNS_reentrancy (0)

Jun 25 10:21:26 imac mDNSResponder[531]: queryrecord_result_callback: mDNS_Unlock: Locking failure! mDNS_busy (1) != mDNS_reentrancy (0)

My DNS server running on a CENTOS 6 box seems to be working fine, except for this message in the iMac.

Any ideas would be sincerely appreciated.

Environment:

iMac 24-inch, Early 2009 running Lion 10.7.4

• Art Level 1 Level 1 (115 points)
    Jun 8, 2013 3:42 PM (in response to John Caradimas)

This is an old topic, but I'm posting here so that if someone else does a Google search, they'll find the answer.

This behavior is most likely caused by the outbound firewall HandsOff!, in versions of OS X prior to 10.8.4.

I had this very same problem under 10.8.3, and was only able to stop it by uninstalling HandsOff!

After upgrading to 10.8.4, I re-installed HandsOff! to see if anything had changed.

Sure enough, the constant logging has stopped.

• Art Level 1 Level 1 (115 points)
    Jun 11, 2013 4:37 AM (in response to Art)

I spoke too soon. The pace of the logging has slowed a little, but it still fills my syslog with messages.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.