Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2nd Gen iPod Shuffle - having issues syncing play counts back to iTunes?

I've seen answers to this question before that refer to last.fm's software, which I do use, but will only update playcounts if I "manually sync." On iTunes, the play counts aren't changing at all, and I would prefer the play counts sync to my iTunes. Is there a reason why my 2nd Gen shuffle is no longer syncing its play counts?

HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC, Windows Vista, 64-bit OS

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:48 AM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2012 1:22 PM in response to drmstwizard

I just did a test, to confirm that it does work for me.

I deleted all songs from my 2G shuffle. Then, I manually added ONE song. I picked a song that I knew only had one version in my iTunes library, not a song with more than one recording. I noted the play count for that song, in my main library and on the shuffle (as shown on iTunes window). I ejected the shuffle. I played the one song on the shuffle until it finished and started to play for a second time. I paused playback, and reconnected the shuffle.

When the shuffle appeared back in iTunes, the playcount (both in the main library and on the shuffle) had advanced by 1.

Would it be possible to do the same test with your shuffle and your iTunes installation?

2nd Gen iPod Shuffle - having issues syncing play counts back to iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.