Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri says: I can only look for businesses in the United States, and when you're using U.S. English.

I'm living and working in the USA, however I am a British citizen. I have just purchased an iPhone 4S (upgrading from an iPhone 4) specifically because I was interested in using Siri. At first I was confounded by the fact that Siri didn't seem to understand much that I say; then ,after changing my Siri settings to English (United Kingdom), the voice recognition improved markedly. However Siri is now frequently telling me "Sorry, I can only look for businesses in the United States, and when you are using U.S. English."

Needless to say I'm disappointed that Siri doesn't seem to operate correctly.Speaking to Apple Support I am told, "even if we do use the U.S. English setting, Siri will evolve to understand what you are saying." and "Don't worry, Siri will be improved by iOS6 when it is released in the fall and this bug will be fixed..."

...I am not that excited to teach Siri how to understand me. I don't really have time to spend doing this, especially when it seems to understand me just fine when I have it set to U.K. English... Long story short, I have bought a phone upgrade for $$$ for a specific feature which doesn't work as expected. 😟

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1.1, Siri

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:42 AM

1 reply

Siri says: I can only look for businesses in the United States, and when you're using U.S. English.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.