Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yellow grid squares display on my mac

I brought my computer in about a month ago to fix a logic board.

I got it back and I start to observe some sort of yellow grid of squares display on my monitor as well as on external monitors that I connect to (different monitors, with different cables).

I brought the macbook back into the shop twice, the first time they just removed a system, saying it's know to cause the problem. The problem persisted so I brought it in again the second time, upon which they supposedly replace the mother board again.

I just got it back and the same thing is still occurring. These squares appear randomly, of different sizes and different locations on the screen. They quickly disappear upon a mouse touch so it's hard to capture them.

I've attached some pictures.

If anyone else has experienced the same thing or has an advice on what I should do, I would really appreciate the help.

This one is with a Samsung external monitor

User uploaded file

This one is on an AOC monitor

User uploaded file

This is on the Mac itself.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (13-inch Mid 2010), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 8:35 AM

4 replies

Oct 12, 2012 9:52 AM in response to tnguyen14

I actually have this same problem on my MacBookPro. Also 13inch Mid 2010. However I only experienced this after my upgrade to Lion. Before that I never had that problem. But I never had it on the mac it self, only on external monitors.

Also one thing I noticed about this bug was that always had it while using chrome, never while using other apps. but I'm sure that is not related, because you know, I'm always using chrome.

My bug is also rare (but still anoying) I'd say once a month, never more than that.

Yellow grid squares display on my mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.