Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Book stuck in "Paused"

While on my new ipad 2 I bought the book "IPad Users Guide for iOS 5.1"

It appeared to download correctly. However when I tried to launch it from the bookshelf the icon for the book darkened and the word "Paused" appeared superimposed on the icon. I sync my purchases with iCloud and this purchased simultaneously loaded to my iPhone 4 and my iPod Touch (4th gen). I can read the Users Guide on my iPhone and iPod but still cannot on the iPad. I cannot re-load the Guide. I really need it on the iPad because the larger screen is so much easier on my eyes.

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 10:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 10, 2012 12:12 AM

This is not a reply but more of an update for anyone else who may see this.

I believe this solution came from a user who goes by Jeroms. His entry instructs one to select Store while in the iBooks app...this takes you to a page where you should see your Apple ID at the bottom of the page. Click on your Apple ID and choose Sign Out. Now click on Cancel and then Library. Verify that icon for the stuck book is no longer on the shelf. Next go back to the Store, Sign in and search for the book title. You should now be able to Download the book.

Again thanks to Jeroms

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 10, 2012 12:12 AM in response to PConvertee

This is not a reply but more of an update for anyone else who may see this.

I believe this solution came from a user who goes by Jeroms. His entry instructs one to select Store while in the iBooks app...this takes you to a page where you should see your Apple ID at the bottom of the page. Click on your Apple ID and choose Sign Out. Now click on Cancel and then Library. Verify that icon for the stuck book is no longer on the shelf. Next go back to the Store, Sign in and search for the book title. You should now be able to Download the book.

Again thanks to Jeroms

Book stuck in "Paused"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.