Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Google search criteria messed up when going back page

Hi,

I have notice reacently that when i search multiple times in google through the web based search box ( not the safari google bar) and then click on a link to a page, visit the page and the go back page ( via the back button on the two finger swipe) the search term is not the same the same as the last typed search cryteria but corresponds to the first search term used at the beging, thus the result page doesnt have the link to the page that was visited.

Does any one out there expirence funny google behaivour as well?

I hope that I explaind my problem well, please help?

Eryk

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 11:00 AM

12 replies

Jun 26, 2012 4:18 AM in response to Eryk Sokolowski

I never use tabs. They consume too much RAM and hence speed on my limited Mac. Whilst open windows consume as much RAM as tabs I am less inclined to keep as many windows open as people now have a tendency to do with tabs. I suspect many use tabs as temporary bookmarks. I can see little point in operating in this way as pages can be fetched afresh so quickly with modern communication speeds.

When I close a window my original search window with its original search terms is still open.

Jul 8, 2012 2:14 AM in response to Simonp123456

I've been using a Mac only for a few months now (Lion 10.7.3 and now 10.7.4) and it's been like this all the time.

It's very annoying. I came here specifically this morning after it annoyed me sufficiently to go looking for a solution.

It's a 100% repeatable bug and this does not happen in Firefox or Chrome.

For example,

• Open Safari and navigate to www.google.co.uk (or google.com I would imagine)
  • Now do some random search in Google (e.g. "bbc")
  • Now overtype "bbc" in the search box and search for "amazon ipad"
  • Now back out to the google search page, and there's the bug:

In the google seach box, it says "bbc", not "amazon ipad".

The google search words are wrong. The search *results* are for "amazon ipad", but the search text is "bbc".

Where do you file a bug report, because this is very annoying?

Oct 30, 2012 8:54 AM in response to Chippy99

Chippy99 wrote:

1. Open Safari and go to http://www.google.co.uk
  2. Search for bbc
  3. Overtype bbc with ipad
  4. Now back out to the Google search page, and there's the bug:
  5. In the search box, it says bbc, not ipad.

The search words are wrong. The results are for ipad, but the search text is bbc.

I am having difficulty repeating this.

Can you express step 4 in another way?

Google search criteria messed up when going back page

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.