I always use my customised Google search at http://links.zero.eu.org/
It has 100 links on the Google page.
Clicking a Google link opens a new window without removing the page with 100 links.
Why not try it?
Thanks for the reply...
It works, but I have to say its not a prefect solution, what i get with your propoused workaround is each link opening as new tab which prevents me from going back to search terms, unless using the cmd+w to close the tab...
But you are also ecpirencing the problems with google search results?
I never use tabs. They consume too much RAM and hence speed on my limited Mac. Whilst open windows consume as much RAM as tabs I am less inclined to keep as many windows open as people now have a tendency to do with tabs. I suspect many use tabs as temporary bookmarks. I can see little point in operating in this way as pages can be fetched afresh so quickly with modern communication speeds.
When I close a window my original search window with its original search terms is still open.
I've been using a Mac only for a few months now (Lion 10.7.3 and now 10.7.4) and it's been like this all the time.
It's very annoying. I came here specifically this morning after it annoyed me sufficiently to go looking for a solution.
It's a 100% repeatable bug and this does not happen in Firefox or Chrome.
- Open Safari and navigate to www.google.co.uk (or google.com I would imagine)
- Now do some random search in Google (e.g. "bbc")
- Now overtype "bbc" in the search box and search for "amazon ipad"
- Now back out to the google search page, and there's the bug:
- In the google seach box, it says "bbc", not "amazon ipad".
The google search words are wrong. The search *results* are for "amazon ipad", but the search text is "bbc".
Where do you file a bug report, because this is very annoying?
- Open Safari and go to http://www.google.co.uk
- Search for bbc
- Overtype bbc with ipad
- Now back out to the Google search page, and there's the bug:
- In the search box, it says bbc, not ipad.
The search words are wrong. The results are for ipad, but the search text is bbc.
I am having difficulty repeating this.
Can you express step 4 in another way?