4 Replies Latest reply: Jul 6, 2012 11:52 AM by jdj74
jdj74 Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)

I've been using my @mac.com email account for many years. Is there a way to remove, disable, or somehow delete the @me.com alias? It shows up here and there around the OS and I must inadvertantly send emails from it (via Mail) periodically as friends get confused as to which is my proper email.

Thanks.

• Julian Wright Level 7 Level 7 (34,860 points)

Everybody who has an @mac.com email address also has the same @me.com address. It can't be disabled and they can both be used interchangeably.

I also only ever use my @mac.com address, but I don't know how you manage to inadvertently use the @me.com version sometimes. That's never happened to me. Is your @me.com address shown anywhere in the Mail settings? Saying 'here and there around the OS' isn't specific enough.

Also you don't state whether you are referring to Mac Mail or iOS Mail.

• jdj74 Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)

One example of @me showing up is when I email photos from iPhoto ('11). It only shows @me as an option as the sending account, and not @mac (does show some other gmail and work accouns).

@me also shows up in the iCloud settings (via web browser), but I guess that's to be expected.

• Winston Churchill Level 10 Level 10 (84,600 points)

Check which mail address is associated with iPhoto in your iPhoto preferences.

• jdj74 Level 1 Level 1 (85 points)

There doesn't seem to be a setting for email addresses in iPhoto. You can only choose the app from which to send.