Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

As soon as I open final cut and try do anything FCPX freezes and I get the spinning wheel of death. Final cut is the only software thats not working correctly.

I don't know what's going on as soon as I fire FCPX up and try to minipulate the time like the spinning wheel of death pops up and my computer freezes. I can't do anything. So far I have deleted my renders files, freeded up space on my comp, updated my software and it's still not worrking correctly.

Final Cut Pro X, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 1:54 PM

1 reply

Jun 25, 2012 9:17 PM in response to snowjunky2

Yuck, sounds pretty frustrating. I would start by doing a split half troubleshooting approach.

Using this method: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4740 I would hide all projects and events

Launch FCPX and see if it works correclty.

If it does, start by moving projects back one by one, quiting and launching FCPX between moves.

It may be a corrupt or bad project. Then do the same for events.

If you narrow it down to one event or project, starting removing files inside those folders to figure out which one may be causing the issue,

Good Luck!

KSM

As soon as I open final cut and try do anything FCPX freezes and I get the spinning wheel of death. Final cut is the only software thats not working correctly.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.