1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 1:19 PM by Ralph Johns (UK)
natedog155 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

So my aim user name is a gmail email.  I use it in ichat.  Everytime I get a message it goes to my gmail on my android phone and online, but not my mail application on mac.  I don't want to get  these emails.  May be an aim problem.? any solutions?

Mac OS X (10.7.3)
  • Ralph Johns (UK) Level 9 Level 9 (69,740 points)

HI,

So.

AIM allows any email to be an AIM Screen Name.

The most well known are the Apple IDs ending in @mac.com and @me.com.

There are also so ISPs in the United States that also have their emails allowed as Valid Screen Names.

This means that the @ is a valid character and allows the ability to list other emails and the Screen Name.

You have used a Google Mail ID (Email Address as the AIM name)

In iChat you could then use it as an AIM name as you registered it that way but it would also work as a GoogleTalk ID (provided you Enable Talk on your Google account settings).

If  people are using AIM to Message to you then it should not turn up as an email or or other message elsewhere.

It sounds if they don't realise it is your AIM name and are either still using it for Emails or think that you are using it  as a Valid GoogleTalk name.

9:17 PM      Tuesday; June 26, 2012

Please, if posting Logs, do not post any Log info after the line "Binary Images for iChat"

  iMac 2.5Ghz 5i 2011 (Lion 10.7.2)
     G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
     MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
     Mac OS X (10.6.8),

"Limit the Logs to the Bits above Binary Images."  No, Seriously