Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem burning CDs

When starting iTunes on my pc (Window 7), I got the error message "iTunes was not properly installed. If you wish to import or burn CDs, you need to reinstall iTunes." I followed the instructions on the support pages: ie I removed and reinstalled itunes, and then I adjusted the registry settings. But after all that, I still get the same error message. Does anyone have a solution?

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 4:14 PM

8 replies

Jun 25, 2012 5:11 PM in response to anetsa

Could you post your diagnostics for us please?

In iTunes, go "Help > Run Diagnostics". Uncheck the boxes other than DVD/CD tests, as per the following screenshot:

User uploaded file

... and click "Next".

When you get through to the final screen:

User uploaded file

... click the "Copy to Clipboard" button and paste the diagnostics into a reply here.

Jun 26, 2012 3:34 AM in response to b noir

Thanks for your response. Unfortunately I didn't get very far with the diagnostics, because after unchecking the boxes other than DVD/CD, I got the following message (*soory it's in Norwegian)

User uploaded file

It basically says to choose an optical station, but the scroll didn't show any options. I tried both with and without a CD inserted into the CD station. So I assume the problem must be elsewhere.

Jun 26, 2012 3:49 AM in response to anetsa

Okay ... lets try getting some totally minimalist diagnostics, then.

In iTunes, go "Help > Run Diagnostics". Uncheck all four boxes and click "Neste".

Paste the contents of the diagnostics into a reply here.

(Basically, I'm trying to work out if they say the Norwegian equivalent of "CD Driver Not Available" instead of giving a CD driver version number.)

Jul 1, 2012 1:53 PM in response to b noir

Hi again,

To make things a bit easier I changed the language to English, and then ran the diagnostics, with the following result... For some reason the CD driver is not available, and I'm not sure why or how to remedy it. Any thoughts?

Microsoft Windows 7 x64 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 (Build 7601)

Packard Bell EasyNote LJ71

iTunes 10.6.3.25

QuickTime not available

FairPlay 1.14.43

Apple Application Support 2.1.9

iPod Updater Library 10.0d2

CD Driver Not Available

CD Driver DLL Not Available

Apple Mobile Device 5.2.0.6

Apple Mobile Device Driver 1.59.0.0

Bonjour 3.0.0.10 (333.10)

Gracenote SDK 1.9.6.502

Gracenote MusicID 1.9.6.115

Gracenote Submit 1.9.6.143

Gracenote DSP 1.9.6.45

iTunes Serial Number 0024B0940365F410

Current user is not an administrator.

The current local date and time is 2012-07-01 22:44:46.

iTunes is not running in safe mode.

WebKit accelerated compositing is enabled.

HDCP is supported.

Core Media is supported.

Video Display Information

ATI Technologies Inc., ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650

ATI Technologies Inc., AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200

**** External Plug-ins Information ****

No external plug-ins installed.

iPodService 10.6.3.25 (x64) is currently running.

iTunesHelper is currently not running.

Apple Mobile Device service 3.3.0.0 is currently running.

Aug 6, 2012 4:22 PM in response to b noir

Hi again

Firstly, many thanks for your help so far 🙂. Sorry I haven't responded earlier, I've been on a long holdiay and I wasn't up to dealing with my troublesome computer.

I tried following your link, but under the section MANUAL REMOVAL-64 BIT, I couldn't find the following key in the registry editor at all:

KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\GearAspiWDM.

Also, I was unable to remove the mentioned GEARAspiWDM entries of the various keys, as I was unauthorized to go into the Properties section of the keys.

Do you know how I can "authorize" myself?

Problem burning CDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.