Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help ingesting AVCHD into FCP 7

I am stuck - trying to import AVCHD files into FCP 7. I have been able to succesfully Log and Transfer short test clips. I have a longer clip (spanning several files on the SD card) that gives me an "unsupported format" type error message at the end of the import. (The format of the clip I need is 720/30P.)

All these files are in the same directory, and I have preserved the directory structure. I have tried copying to the hard drive and transferring from there, as well as transferring directly from the SD card. Both give the same result - short clips/individual files work great, the long clip (multiple files) throw the error. I've tried various of the ProRes flavors, and none have worked.

Any suggestions?

Jamie

Final Cut Pro 7

Posted on Jun 25, 2012 5:22 PM

6 replies

Jun 26, 2012 5:31 PM in response to Russ H

Russ - Yes, I'm certain. All the clips are the same format and in the same location on the card. I can view them on the camera, and can ingest the short clips, but the long one chokes.

I just downloaded an MTS viewer(/editor?) plugin from Panasonic that I'm in the process of trying.

Thanks for your response.

Help ingesting AVCHD into FCP 7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.