Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPod freezes iTunes

Hi, my iPod Classic freezes iTunes when I connect to my PC. Latest iTunes installed but cannot sync etc....it simply crashes a few seconds after connected via USB. Have reset iPod and now all music has gone off iPod but strangely photos remain!?

If anyone can help me out I'll be very grateful!

iPod classic, Windows XP

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:12 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2012 7:42 AM in response to Sedge73

Do you have any other USB devices connected when you plug your iPod in? If so, try temporarily removing (except for the keyboard and mouse) them to rule out a USB device conflict. It wouldn't hurt to also try another USB sync cable if you have one lying around.

You may also want to try all of the suggestions in this Apple support document as well.

iTunes for Windows XP: Troubleshooting unexpected quits, freezes, or launch issues

B-rock

IPod freezes iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.