Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lion / Win7 Network Shares

I recently upgraded to Lion (desktop not server) and now my HDD sharing with Windows 7 is not working like it used to.

If I boot back in to Snow Leopard (diferent HDD) it's all working fine. My windows 7 PCs can access my shared Mac Pro RAID no problem.

If I boot in to Lion they can 'sometimes' connect but mostly not. To get them to connect I seem to have to use the IP address instead of the system name (\\MACPROLION\Raid) like I used to with SL.

Nothing changed on the Windows 7 system at all, other than now I get the infuriating dialog tellmy my password is incorrect.

Some unknown sequence of rebooting one or both machines, sometimes multiple times, will let me access the mac, but I have no idea what's going on here.

I've read other posts about finding kerberos logs etc, but these don't seem to exist on my system.

BTW - I can see ONE of shares the Windows 7 PCs from Lion but the other one says connection failure.

I'm going crazy here.....any one know what's going on ?

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 3:05 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2012 5:52 AM in response to Dave_E_P

I should perhaps add that I CAN access THIS Lion Mac from another Windows 7 (Home) PC with no problems.

I can also access my MacBook Pro (also Lion) from this Windows 7 Pro PC with no problems.

So, it seems that there is no 'system' problem as such, because if the Win7Pro Pc can see (and access) shares on my MacBookPro (Lion) then clearly it's not so badly configure that Win-->Lion won't work. It's just it can't see 'this' MacPro (Lion) where as another PC (running Win7Home) can.

Lion / Win7 Network Shares

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.