0 Replies Latest reply: Jun 26, 2012 4:08 AM by skozzie
skozzie Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Hi I have Itunes 10.6.3 running Lion and have a continual problem with an invalid itunes library.  I have to rebuild my itunes library about every week or restore one from a backup.  I have tried deleting the itunes music library.xml file and also the itunes library.itl file multiple times and restarted itunes creating the need for a fresh rebuild of my itunes library.  After setting every thing up new it still only lasts about a week before come back to my mac and realise that that file has crashed and itunes has renamed the old one itunes library (damaged).  There are about 16 of these on my computer now.  This is really frustrating because when i synch my iphone it often doesn't rebuild my apps automatically when it creates the 'damaged' file on its own and then synching I have wiped out my corporate email application on more than one occasion forcing a call to their help desk etc.  You get the idea.  This is really frustrating for me and it has persisted over multiple versions of itunes, multiple OS'es (eg this was present before upgrading to Lion).. And I might be imaginging this but it may have been on an older mac computer as well.  Any help which can be provided here would be appreciated.  Itunes is really at the center of my computer now as it is used to synch my music to the phone and connect to the apple TV so this is really frustrating as you can imagine.  Any help you may be able to provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)