Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I restore a broken user after a System-Recovery?

I recently tried upgrading my PowerMac G4 from Mac OS X Tiger to Leopard, but the Mac crashed in the process and all seemed lost. However, with a system recovery, I managed to get everything back. At least, almost everything. I still had to create a new account, and this account was missing the addresses from the previous account in Addressbook. Addressbook was empty. Addressbook used to be filled with addresses from 2 accounts. I managed to recover the addresses from one account, but the other seems inaccesible. I tried restoring the account. Empty. I tried copying the files and giving myself read/write permissions. Nothing. I tried showing hidden files.Nothing. Does anybody know what's going on here? How do I recover this account/the addresses from Adressbook (I don't really care about the other files on the account).

PowerMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:46 AM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2012 9:55 AM in response to Bergrisst

I tried restoring the account. Empty.

Ooops, I don't think that was the ting to do. Would only erase stuff if anything.

Get Find Any File...

http://apps.tempel.org/FindAnyFile/

Hold Option key down when clicking on Find to Find All.

Search your whole drive for Name contains...

AddressBook.data

What we're hoping to find for that old account are one or more of these...

AddressBook.data.beforesave

AddressBook.data.previous

AddressBook.data

How can I restore a broken user after a System-Recovery?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.