Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ripple edit

Okay, here goes: I created a project with clips of multiple lacrosse games with the intent on producing a highlight/recruiting video. Each clip was between 5 and 20 seconds. On track two, I placed a graphic arrow that, using keyframes followed the player for identification. The arrow has a 15 frame dissolve transition on the front and back. On track three, I placed text identifying the player by name and number in the bottom left side of the clips. This also had the same transitions. Neither the arrow, nor the text were as long as the clips. They both started after the clip began playing and both finished (at different times) before the clip concluds. I do not have any transitions between any of the clips. A generic music clip(s) was laid under all of the clips.

Here is my problem. During one session, I mistakenly used on clip twice. When I discovered the duplicate, I tried to use a ripple edit (shift-delete). I thought (and hoped) everything would shift to the left and keep everything in sync. I don't care about the music, but the subsequent arrows with their keyframes shifted sync. Now the arrow does not follow the player. I've tried "delete-shift" deleting using the clip first, then by "delete-shift" deleting the arrow and then the text first. Nothing give me the desired result. How can I eliminate this one clip, while retaining all of the "syncing" of the subsequent clips, arrows and text? Is is possible, or do I have to re-keyframe all of the subsequent clips?

Thanks for listening to my long winded problem, and your usual terrific support and help!

cheers,

Jack

iMac, Mac OS X (10.4.11)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 9:12 AM

1 reply

ripple edit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.