Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod Touch 4th Gen stuck in recovery mode.

Hello, and thank you for reading this and any assistance you can render in advance. I have an iPod Touch 4th gen. running on firmware 4.3.1 (I think). The Touch is my lifeline and i use it ALL the time for just about everything. Last night I was trying to access public WiFi at a chain restaurant/bar and was unable to get online. No big deal, butever since then my Touch is stuck at the Apple logo no matter what I do, and occasionally it will flash the white screen, I can get it into recovery mode, but the BIG problem is that I have photos and videos of my infant son on it that are priceless memories that I don't want to lose if at all possible.

Is there ANY way to 'unbrick' or get past the recovery mode so as not to lose my photos and videos ( I could care less about the apps and music). One final problem (as if it wasn't bad enough already right?) is that I haven't synced the Touch in a LONG time because of an old desktop that I had my original Apple account on when I got my 1st. gen Touch some years ago. There are hard drive space problems, etc. but I digress. I just need to know if there is ANY way to recover my photos and videos. I see 'data recovery' software of course but most of that seems to be a crapshoot and I don't know anything about jailbreaking and this device has never been jailbroken.

Help!!!

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 10:24 AM

You can see if this probram will get it out of recovery mode.

RecBoot: Easy Way to Put iPhone into Recovery Mode

Otherwise you will have to restore and thus lose the content of the iPod.

6 replies

Jun 26, 2012 10:57 AM in response to lllaass

I see. Thank you for your patience with me as a noob 🙂 One final question before I try RecBoot...do you know if any of the revcovery software that's out there is even worth a darn? Of course there's also all the jailbreak stuff but I really don't want to go down that road for many reasons. I just want to make sure I do everything possible to recover these photos and videos before making the decision to reformat and lose everything.

Thanks again!

Jun 26, 2012 11:50 AM in response to lllaass

Well....I ran RecBoot 1.3 while the Touch displayed the iTunes/USB logo and the utlity did seem to work as far as exiting the recovery mode but I'm still stuck with the white Apple logo screen and nothing else....sigh. Might have to try recoery software as a last ditch attempt.

Thanks for your help and any/all other advice is gratefully accepted. Going to make sure I do all that I can before resigning myself to losing the images/videos of my son 😟.

iPod Touch 4th Gen stuck in recovery mode.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.