Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macros / Actionscript

Can you create recordable actions in Aperture, similar to photoshop, either through the interface or through AS ?

The only article I could find was from 2008 with no responses.

For example, I simply want to take a selction, do X, Y and Z with a single click within Aperture ( and no, they are not adjustments that I can simply make into a preset ; .> )

Anyone ?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 32 GB DDR3, Triple TB Display

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 12:33 PM

11 replies

Jul 1, 2012 3:45 PM in response to wombat2007

The example you give is (relatively) trivial, in that each action has a command, and each command has a keyboard shortcut. You can concatenate keyboard shortcuts using any of the type-substitution programs, or a dedicated macro program (I use and recommend Keyboard Maestro). I think you can even do it natively in OS X, but I don't remember how.

Stack = ⌘k

Collapse Stack = ⇧k

In Automator, you can easily record menu selections:

(screenshot)

User uploaded file

Jul 5, 2012 10:35 PM in response to wombat2007

If the service does not show in Aperture's Apervices menu, you may wish to check two things:

1. For the service to be available in Aperture, quit Aperture and relaunch; you may even have to log off and on again to ensure that Aperture really quits (with MacOS Lion or later).
  2. How are the "Service receives" setting in the header of Automator? For it to be available in Aperture I'd set this to "Aperture.app" and "no input" (or the the inpit it needs, like "image files").

With these settings my "WatchMe" appeared in the Aperture Service menu after log off and on again, and it shows the correct hot keys:

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Léonie

Jul 15, 2012 9:10 PM in response to léonie

leonie

it works. after some experimentation, it seemed to finally take. thanks again.

i think the tricks were

- there WAS an existing hotkey conflict ( you have to check in Commnads / Cusomize ) - thanks Kirby

- you also have to use your 'no input / app ' for it to focus

- also get rif of the any timeouts

so, now that I've opned the gate - do you guys have any sources for really useful Aperture services ?

Or is there a more general site for Service creation that you would reco ?

I love it.

Macros / Actionscript

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.