Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Looking for a good note taking app: Are there new features for the Notes app in iOS6?

Hi,

I've read that the Notes app with Mountain Lion will be available for OS X as well, and I was wondering if there will be any significant updates to the Notes app coming in iOS 6?

The Notes app in Mountain Lion supports, as far as I know, text formatting, images and attachments. The Notes app in iOS 5 does not have any of these features, yet still it is claimed that the OS X client will sync with the iPhone, iPad and iPod touch. This means that there must be some rather significant updates coming for the Notes app in iOS 6 to match up with the features of its Mac counterpart. Still, no updates to the Notes app are listed in any of the iOS 6 feature lists I've seen so far.

I'm looking for a good note taking app for OS X and iOS. I don't like how Springpad works, neither did Evernote work out for me, it's just too complex - I like Simplenote a lot though, it's just that its approach is too radical in my opinion. I was thinking that the Mountain Lion Notes app might be a good alternative because it combines simplicity with rich text formatting and attachments. I kind of hate the skeuomorphic user interface though.

best, Ian

iPad 2, iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 12:57 PM

6 replies

Jun 26, 2012 1:35 PM in response to Ian Map

You are only addressing other iPad users here & no Apple employees. We have no way of knowing, so you'll have to wait until iOS 6 is released.

Here's some general info.

Working with Notes and Documents on the iPad – Alternatives & Suggestions

http://ipadacademy.com/2012/04/working-with-notes-and-documents-on-the-ipad-alte rnatives-suggestions

 Cheers, Tom 😉

Jun 26, 2012 1:39 PM in response to Ian Map

Everything anyone here knows or can discuss about iOS 6 can be found here:

http://www.apple.com/ios/ios6/

I don't see anything mentioned about Notes, but that doesn't mean that nothing will change. We'll have to wait and see.

As to third-party note-taking apps, there are dozens. Which might best suit you is difficult to say. You'll probably just have to browse through until you find one whose features you think will work for you.

Regards.

Jun 26, 2012 1:46 PM in response to Ian Map

I'm aware that I'm not reaching out to Apple employees through this forum, still there are beta versions of iOS 6 available and widely discussed all over the internet which lead me to believe that there might be someone active in this community who would be able to share his experiences with the Notes app in the Developer's Preview. Obviously, there is much more information available on iOS 6 than what Apple is providing on the official homepage.

thanks a lot for your replies.

Jun 26, 2012 1:52 PM in response to Ian Map

Such sharing would be a violation of the NDA all developers have to sign and hence forbidden here. What people are willing to leak in such violation on other sites is up to them, and many developers seem to be perfectly willing to completely ignore their agreements. But we can't discuss unannounced features here in Apple's own forums.

Regards.

Looking for a good note taking app: Are there new features for the Notes app in iOS6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.