Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to record electric drums to GB via MIDI?

Hi,

I am tearing my hair out trying to record my roland HD-3 to Garage Band on the ipad....please help!

I bought the iRIg MIDI kit to connect from the Drums to ipad and GB. Whilst when I change the instrument to Drums it records, it only does this using the pre-set garage band kits. But what i want is to hear and record the sound which I am actually playing on my HD-3 and the different sounds that it can produce.....not GB's pre-set kits. Surely there is a way of recording the exact sound that is leaving my electric drums??

Many thanks

Mark

iPad, iOS 5.1.1, Garage Band ipad, Roland HD-3 Vdrum

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:15 PM

markie5672 wrote:

Surely there is a way of recording the exact sound that is leaving my electric drums??

yes, but not using MIDI:

http://www.bulletsandbones.com/GB/GBFAQ.html#recordkeyboardssounds

(Let the page FULLY load. The link to your answer is at the top of your screen)

3 replies

Jun 27, 2012 2:17 PM in response to markie5672

markie5672 wrote:

I have tried headphone/output into my ipad headphone socket but did not work

the headphone jack is not an old fashioned style jack, it's longer and combines input and output in one jack, it requires a special plug.

though i haven't used the iRig for iOS devices, its had positive reviews from what i've seen, so it apparently works well, and it's very reasonably priced

How to record electric drums to GB via MIDI?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.