Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I install my printer to my Iphone so I can print pics that are on my Iphone?

how do I install my printer to my Iphone so I can print pics that are on my phone?

iPhone 3G

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 2:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2017 5:37 AM

If your printer supports AirPrint, ensure that both the printer and your iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network. Go to the picture, file, etc that you want to print. Select the print option. This will work as long as the aforementioned steps are taken.

For extra help:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 13, 2017 5:37 AM in response to marionfromfl

If your printer supports AirPrint, ensure that both the printer and your iPhone are connected to the same WiFi network. Go to the picture, file, etc that you want to print. Select the print option. This will work as long as the aforementioned steps are taken.

For extra help:

Use AirPrint to print from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Sep 29, 2017 11:15 PM in response to marionfromfl

Hello Marion from Florida. I’m not so good at these things with the smart phones but supposedly your name popped up in the AppleShare community in regards to me wanting to learn how to use a specific app. The advice that I’m looking for is how I can attach my printer to my iPhone to print pictures at set off of the phone. Even if you received this in error could you please let me know that I have done this wrong .

Sincerely,

Aly from Arizona

Jun 26, 2012 2:50 PM in response to marionfromfl

There's a list of printers that support AirPrint, the native mechanism for printing from iOS, here:

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4356

HP and Epson also have an app that enables printing to some of their other wireless printers. It's possible other printer manufacturers may provide updates to their printers to make them AirPrint capable or provide app for printing; search the iTunes Store or look to the support resources for your model of printer. For other printers, if you have a Mac, Printopia might be worth a look:

http://www.ecamm.com/mac/printopia/

If you have a Windows system, search the web for something like "airprint Windows hack" and you'll find instructions on enabling printing.

Another option is an AirPrint-capable print server. Lantronix makes a couple of models, including one that supports a USB printer:

http://www.lantronix.com/it-management/xprintserver/xprintserver-t2.html

Regards.

Jun 26, 2012 3:22 PM in response to varjak paw

wow, getting such a quick response. Problem is I haven't a clue about the sights you are referring to I'm an old gal with a new tech phone. When I press print on the Iphone for a particular pic, I get the message "Printer Options", then it says "No Printers Found". I assumed I could install one somehow. this all may be too technical for me. But thank yu for the response.

Jun 26, 2012 5:35 PM in response to marionfromfl

the way to print straight from the iphone, as stated above, is airprint. to do this you have to have a printer that is airprint enabled, and they are listed in the first link varjak paw gave you. it sounds like you don't have one of those printers, but look thru the list and make sure. for example, we have 2 wireless printers in my house, but only one is airprint enabled, so that is the only one i can print to straight from the iphone.

<Edited By Host>

How do I install my printer to my Iphone so I can print pics that are on my Iphone?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.