Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remove song icon from finder bar

Tried every way I can think of to remove this song, represented by an icon, from my finder tool bar. Have no idea had it got there.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 3:46 PM

15 replies

Jun 27, 2012 11:48 AM in response to leonardfromthe villages

Are you talking about the dock or not? It is not clear to me and I think others in this thread what you mean by the "finder bar" if it isn't the dock. That's why you are getting so many different suggestions. So please post a picture of what an "icon bar" means to you.

If it actually is the dock, then if it doesn't drag out that means the app represented by that icon is currently running. So log out and logn back in that try to drag it out again. If it still doen't drag out that means it's running again so check your account login items to see if it is launched when you log in or that stupid lion "feature" of relaunching apps you didn't quit when you last logged out.

Disable Mac OS X Lion Resume & App Window Restore Completely

Jun 27, 2012 7:04 PM in response to leonardfromthe villages

leonardfromthe villages wrote:

User uploaded file

That "?" is another orphaned file that has lost its source. You should be able to command drag that off the Finder menu bar as well. If not that would tell us something is amiss.

If no go you might try deleting the finder .plist or drag it to the Desktop.

Found in your user library. Finder>Go>Go to Folder

~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist

Then relaunch your Finder. >Force Quit>Finder>Relaunch

remove song icon from finder bar

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.