Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my husband does not want to move to iCloud. As long as I don't sync his computer or update to Lion on his computer it should be Ok to just make sure he gets email as one of the choices without iCloud right??

I have updated to iCloud on my computer. But my husband does not want to move to iCloud. It should be fine if I don't sync our computers and in addition I did not load Lion on his..... I just need to make sure his email works as one of the options available through apple. I am sure others have these issues with multiple macs in the house.... am I right on my assumption that he will be ok? All he wants is to receive emails and not the other advantages. Would love comments... thanks

iMac (20-inch Early 2008)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:06 PM

6 replies

Jun 26, 2012 5:21 PM in response to zorie

I have Lion and am not using iCloud. Just because a feature is available does not mean you are required to use it. Just ignore it (it will show up in the System Preferences and if a dialog comes up in the beginning to set it up for you, just hit skip or ignore (can't remember what it said).

Edit: Just read your post again: so does he want emails through iCloud or through your regular ISP (the way he is getting it now). Or does he have a mac. or me.com email address? In that case, he will need it because that is being discontinued.

my husband does not want to move to iCloud. As long as I don't sync his computer or update to Lion on his computer it should be Ok to just make sure he gets email as one of the choices without iCloud right??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.