Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

messages.

I am not able to send a message to all of my contacts people. Am I only able to send to an iphone? That works but the others will not. It tells me they are not registered in imessages.

iPad 2

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:36 PM

Correct, iMessage only works between devices running iOS 5 or on a Mac computer with iMessage installed.

6 replies

Jun 26, 2012 4:47 PM in response to lynn tur

iMessages on iPad can communicate with other Apple Devices (iPhones, iPods, iPads, and MACs(beta)) using an email or phone number that is in an iMessage account with Apple. If you need to communicate in another way, you will need to use another App. If they have devices (other than iPhone) and are registered you might need to send it to their registered email. iPad 2 is not capable of sending regular text messages in iMessage to other cell phones (not iPhone). It only communicates through Apple devices through Apple's servers.

You can send texts through email. Google "send sms through email" and it will provide you with email addresses for each carrier.

messages.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.