Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

CAN'T RESTORE IPHONE 3G. PLEASE HELP (ASAP)!!!!

What can I do if I have the error (1015)?

I was restoreing my iphone 3g, when I was about to finish the process it tells that the iphone cant be restoered and that there is was an error (1015). I selected (OK), then it tells me that iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode. That I must restore the iPhone before it can be used with iTunes. So I selected (OK), The iPhone now looks like when I first bought it a month ago (With the cable and the iTunes symbol on it). So I restore it again and the same thing happens all over again. I dont know what to do please help.

iPhone 3G, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 26, 2012 4:20 PM

1 reply

Jun 26, 2012 5:42 PM in response to jcampos411

Error 1015 is normally an indication that the phone was jailbroken and attempts have been made to downgrade the iOS to an earlier version.

"Error 1015: This error is typically caused by attempts to downgrade the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch's software. This can occur when you attempt to restore using an older .ipsw file. Downgrading to a previous version is not supported. To resolve this issue, attempt to restore with the latest iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch software available from Apple. This error can also occur when an unauthorized modification of the iOS has occurred and you are now trying to restore to an authorized, default state."

We can help you with this problem in these forums as discussion of jailbroken phones is against the Terms of Use. You'll have to find a solution using Google (if there is one).

CAN'T RESTORE IPHONE 3G. PLEASE HELP (ASAP)!!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.